Cryptomator is a software that allows you to create and manage encrypted folders. It uses client-side encryption, which means that your data is encrypted before it is uploaded to Cryptomator’s servers. This makes it a more secure option than cloud storage services that encrypt your data after it has been uploaded. Cryptomator is free and open source, and it is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
This article is all about helping you get to know the Cryptomator for PC better and install it on your PC. Here are the technical specifications you want to know about beforehand:
How To Install & Download Cryptomator For PC Windows 10/8/7
To install the Cryptomator on your computer, you need to install the NOX payer first. To do that, as well as install the Cryptomator, follow the easy guide below from start to finish:
- First, start by downloading the NOX player. It should store in your download folder in your computer.
- Locate the installer, double click on it, and let it install on your PC. It will take a few minutes to complete the installation.
- Once installed, you’ll have the option to start the emulator. Go ahead and start the emulator. It will set up the environment for the first time.
- Now, open the Play store app (It’s on the top header, or you can search for it) and it will ask you to log in. Log into your Google account.
- Search for the Cryptomator app on the Play store app and the app will show up in the first position. Click and start installing the app on your computer.
Cryptomator Andorid App Summary
Under the Productivity category on Google Play store, Cryptomator has over 27997 of downloads reflecting the number of users they have. Skymatic GmbH has developed the Cryptomator and has improved a lot to this day with the latest version, 1.7.5.
Until this latest version, Cryptomator has successfully been able to acquire a good user rating of 3.9. This latest version was last updated on May 10, 2022 which you can check in the technical specification section below.
The only bummer here is you can not just download and install it on your computer without using an Android emulator. However, you can definitely install it on your computer by using one of the most popular emulators: NOX player, BlueStacks, or Memu Emulator.
These tools will help you install and use the Cryptomator on your computer without having to use your Phone. To do so, you need to follow the guides we’re about to discuss in this article.
|App Name:||Cryptomator On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Skymatic GmbH|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||May 10, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Features of Cryptomator for PC
1. Cryptomator is easy to use.
2. Cryptomator is compatible with the most commonly used cloud storages.
3. Cryptomator is compatible with Android’s local storage.
4. Cryptomator is accessible on all mobile devices and computers.
5. File content and filename encryption with AES and 256 bit key length.
6. Vault password is secured with scrypt for enhanced brute-force resistance.
7. Vaults are automatically locked after sending app to background.
8. Crypto implementation is publicly documented.
9. Cryptomator received the CeBIT Innovation Award 2016 for Usable Security and Privacy.
10. Join the Cryptomator Community and participate in the conversations with other Cryptomator users.
Cryptomator App Overview and Details
With Cryptomator, the key to your data is in your hands. Cryptomator encrypts your data quickly and easily. Afterwards you upload them protected to your favorite cloud service.
Cryptomator is a simple tool for digital self-defense. It allows you to protect your cloud data by yourself and independently.
• Simply create a vault and assign a password
• No additional account or configuration needed
• Unlock vaults with your fingerprint
Cryptomator is compatible with the most commonly used cloud storages and available for all major operating systems.
• Compatible with Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, S3- and WebDAV-based cloud storage services
• Create vaults in Android’s local storage (e.g., works with third-party sync apps)
• Access your vaults on all your mobile devices and computers
You don’t have to trust Cryptomator blindly, because it is open source software. For you as a user, this means that everyone can see the code.
• File content and filename encryption with AES and 256 bit key length
• Vault password is secured with scrypt for enhanced brute-force resistance
• Vaults are automatically locked after sending app to background
• Crypto implementation is publicly documented
Cryptomator received the CeBIT Innovation Award 2016 for Usable Security and Privacy. We’re proud to provide security and privacy for hundreds of thousands of Cryptomator users.
Join the Cryptomator Community and participate in the conversations with other Cryptomator users.
• Follow us on Twitter @Cryptomator
• Like us on Facebook /Cryptomator
Whats New In this Cryptomator?
– Updated to the latest Android target version
– Fixed deletion of folders without a dir-file in local storage cloud
– Fixed file export when no app can process the selected file type
Cryptomator is a free and open source software application that provides an easy to use, client-side encryption for your cloud files. It uses a combination of AES and client-side RSA encryption to protect your files while in transit and at rest. Cryptomator is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, and can be used with a variety of cloud storage providers, including Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
Before we complete the guide, do you have more questions regarding the emulator above or the Cryptomator of any kind? Don’t feel grounded, just let us know, and we’ll help you resolve it.
We refer the ownership of This Cryptomator to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Cryptomator and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at appcav, we also don’t use our own server to download the Cryptomator. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Cryptomator.
If you have any query about the app or about appcav, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.